Thursday, March 24, 2011

In Your Waters

You are the horizon.
A place where sun and sky meet the water’s surface.
Beauty long in the distance.
Water rolls on
hoping for a chance to touch the heavens.
Glorious mural each rise and set.
Yet when the sun is at its height
or the moon has taken its place
Water and sky blend to no end.

It is no expectation to reach the horizon
yet I am a mermaid in your waters.
Unique and beautiful.
We each have our own
and somehow I still find myself swimming
Toward the horizon.
Unintentionally,
in one direction or another
I’m facing you.

Under the surface
My scales shimmer
Imitating your beauty to the fish.
I may fool them,
But we know the truth.

I rise to the surface laughing with you,
As I chase your endless border.
A separation of beauties
forever ruling the sea.


I'm interested to hear interpretations of this poem. Obviously I know who I wrote it for, but I just wonder what it looks like from a different perspective.

No comments: