Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm not strong enough to be this sensitive

And I'm getting in the way of myself.

I get annoyed when my roommates don't do their dishes, but I'm hoarding at least 7 cups in my bedroom.
I lecture guys in the bar about telling rape jokes, but still let them by me a drink.
I stress the importance of being an active citizen, but only accept liberal point of views.
I bitch about capitalism on Twitter... via my iphone.
I say I have strict standards when it comes to relationships, but always end up with someone who believes my complete opposite.
I tell women to deny patriarchal expectations of beauty, but still wear make-up.
I've always wanted to fall in love with my best friend, but ran hard and fast when I actually did.
I believe that it is important to get involved on campus, but scoff at anyone joining Greek life.
I said "it's ok we can hook-up and just be friends" but expected him to want to be with me next week.
I should be grateful to have a job, but I complain every time I have to wake up early to work.
I want nothing more than to help the homeless, but was too afraid to approach a homeless man to give him money.
I claim to be too independent for a relationships, but really I'm too scared to be vulnerable.
I hate how we don't value our education, but skip class or the readings out of my $70 book.
I want to have a clever costume for Halloween, but I'll probably just try to be hot and show my boobs for attention.
I hate when people just believe what their parents believe... unless their parents agree with mine of course. 
I tell my friends they don't need to go home with a guy to label their night successful, but I'm an embarrassing late night drunk texter.



Everyday I feel nothing less than adequate to be the person I want to be, I constantly feel just like a puppet of society & it tears me apart.  I am nothing more than everything I hate about this world. I also can't keep calling my mom every other night crying because of all the things I can't change about myself and about the world. But I also can't help but feeling things so intensely.

I'm not strong enough to be this sensitive.
I can't change how sensitive I am, but I'm learning how to be stronger.
I need to change myself before I can change the world.
I also probably need to stop crying so much.

1 comment:

steve lampi said...

I know you may or may not want to hear this...their was man that you remind me of once. Someone that didn't live to fit in to the cultural pattern of what's on the outside but what matters is the heart of every man and women. Sadie you're so close to understanding what matters in life. Not trying to fit the mold of any culture...secular or christian...but look at his life, look at how he taught people to live and what to hold of high importance. You hurt for the right things but be careful to think you can change the world...its's to big for any one person to do that...except of course Him. There's people right in front of all of us that need us. Miss ya Sadie!