Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A mind of it's own

A bit of drool escapes my lips, as it only does when I fall asleep in public. I’ve always hated libraries, but in college, it’s “the place to be” during exam week. So I pay the consequences of doing what’s cool, with my head resting on my keyboard…

CAPS LOCK is the drill sergeant, CONSTANTLY YELLING AT THE KEYS TO FIND THEIR PLACE ON THE WORD DOCUMENT. “SADIE NEEDS THIS 8 PAGE PAPER DONE TONIGHT YOU SISSY BOYS!” Then from Q to P and A to L and Z to M, the letters scurry to find their place. Until the bully from the corner, Delete, comes to do away with all their hard work.
From the far corners Esc and Eject are doing their best to run away. The commas, apostrophes, quotations and periods are severely depressed, for the youth has abandoned them and taken the Shifty side. BeC@UsE w3 aLl Kn0w G!rL$ wH0 tYp3 l!k3 Th!s. The mouse swivels on over to my Facebook page, trying to defriend them, but Return is too easy to reaccept their request. The anti-social space bar is pushing away consonants and vowels while the arrow keys assist in bringing them together. The ? and ! are fighting and cussing each other out, trying to finish the %#$@!*& paper before I wake.
The tíldas añd accents are misünderstood while the : and ; are feeling misused. {braces} + [brackets] = are hoping for calculus equations because (parenthesis) hold all the secrets in language. F12 decides to take control, before things get out of hand and the rest of the library notices the life in the keyboard. The volume rises and the master opens her eyes…


Wiping the drool from my keyboard, I pray to research paper fairies that this paper would write itself. If only the keyboard had a mind of it’s own and I could get back to wasting time on Facebook.

3 comments:

Erin Q. Hartman said...

Sadie, you have so much to offer as a writer... wow, never stop there is a book in the making... love Aunt Erin

LQ said...

I like this. It reminds me of "A told B and B told C 'I'll beat you to the top of the coconut tree.'"

SadieQ said...

Thanks Aunt Erin :)
@ LQ - That's exactly what Mom said!