Wednesday, March 18, 2015

2. Sydney

I got to kiss my boyfriend and ate all the free food I could get on the plane. I actually had a hard sleep on the plane with some graceful help of my NyQuil pills and was geared up for the day after I landed. 14 hours on a plane seemed mild compared to the 30 hour bus ride I took to get to Florida last week and fell asleep on an ex-con's shoulder.

We made it out of the airport but wandered around far too long before Dave's sister, Lucy, graciously picked us up. She fed me some coffee and fruit and let us hang about until our hostel would let us in. Kangaroo/Emu pizza, aka the Coat of Arms and Little Creature Beer was my first meal or... I guess afternoon tea (the light meal snack thing between lunch and dinner to make up for the boring breakfasts in these parts). The view from our hostel is to die for 

As Dave said, "two minute noodles, a water bottle full of vodka and this view is the backpacker's life." It has only been two days in Sydney but I'll be coming back, hoping to find work in this city. It is magnificent. Last night we met friends of Dave's for dinner and drank and laugh and I was so happy that he has such lovely people to introduce me to. 

No comments: