Wednesday, April 15, 2015

31. Mary Oliver

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one precious and wild life?"

The Summer Day, Mary Oliver

After reading a few sweet poems I had to have more, I've been missing it from my life. So I went to the used book store around the corner after I got off the bus of my tour of Jenolan Caves today and bought e.e. cummings selected poems 1923-1958. There, I found so much comfort in the memory of these poems that I have stored in my heart... "and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart. i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)"

The caves were beautiful... but the children on the tour with me... I could've strangled. Should we agree to just leave children under 8 in Disney World? 



Although it made me laugh to remember my dad, and how the first time I learned of stalactites were with him, and he marveled at the caves. It is humbling to be so small amoungst something massive and inspiring. I get it now dad. 



No comments: