Wednesday, April 1, 2015

15. Karen

Whoops! It has been a while since I last had enough internet connection (or good things to say).

No surprise, but I LOVED Melbourne. It is going to be difficult to decide where to spend the rest of my time in Australia. Now that I am back in Sydney, I figure it may be easiest to look in this area. Let me tell you how I got back to Sydney from Melbourne... Karen. Karen was the RV we got as a relocation deal, (so only $5 a day!!!) We took the allotted three days to drive back along the coast and sleeping parking lots and one AMAZING campground at Wilson's Promontory.



^Squeaky Beach--sand so fine it squeaks when you walk on it!^


After that we stayed in an adorable oceanside town called Eden, famous for its whale watching, where I tried mussels and my first Rekorderlig. Now anytime Dave wants to order me a beer... he already knows what I want: Rekorderlig. He also so graciously spent the rest of the time driving between. Karen did just fine, we stayed the night in a parking lot in Eden and I was nervous someone was going to wake us up and make us leave all night. Karen was loud and annoying to drive and at night, with the strong winds, we got seasick from her rocking. But she got us there in the cheapest way besides walking. 


Thanks Karen.

No comments: