Friday, April 10, 2015

27. Raymond Terrace

So much has happened in the past ten days. Right now I am in Raymond Terrace, at Dave's family's house for a few days. We had Easter on their uncle's farm and I was over loaded with chocolate... which I really don't mind. Dave and I met up with his friend Tom in his family home at Nelson Bay, and we played around on their jetski, turning it off in the middle of the bay and surrounded by about 15 dolphins. The babiest of dolphins splashing and twirling about like it just learned how to swim.

On the 8th, the night before Dave picked me up to stay with him and his family in Raymond Terrace, I decided to take a bottle of wine and my book down to the ocean to relax. After about 15 minutes, a guy from a group of people 10 feet over, invites me to join their group. As the conversation flows I learned that Michael Franti is 5 blocks away, starting a show in 30 minutes. In shock that they aren't there, I convince one of them to go with me and I end up at the best concert I've ever been to in this hemisphere.

Tonight while Dave is at work, I am attending a family friend's Mexican themed birthday party dressed as a Day of the Dead bride... I'll update with pictures.

No comments: