Wednesday, April 1, 2015

17. Newcastle

Most of the time when I tell people I'm staying a week in Newcastle, their reply is, "why?"

Well honestly, it is because it is the town where my boyfriend lives and I want to hang out with him. But I am pleasantly surprised at what the town has to offer, quiet beaches and plenty of cafes. The hostel I am staying at is so lovely, even though I still had to pay for the wifi -__- 

But it is an old beautiful building with classic leather couches, a spacious patio and--a ping pong table! I'm excited, the staff is kind and my roommates have been fabulous. The first one I met is an 80 year old lady from New Zealand, who used to practice psychology in Papa New Guinea and is traveling alone. Talk about an inspiration.

^chalkboard at my hostel^


I'm going to rest my ankle for the night pull down the underwear hanging above me in order to dry, hope to start off with my free yoga class in the morning, then figure out how to get an Australian SIM card so I can start applying for jobs. 

xoxx

No comments: